Crêpes with Berry Compote
1 cup unbleached flour
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1-1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
For compote (6 servings)
1 cup Sun Belle raspberries
1 cup Sun Belle blueberries
1 cup Sun Belle blackberries
2 tablespoons lemon
1/4 cup sugar
Options for garnish - confectioner’s sugar or whipped cream
Instructions1. Make the compote by combining berries, lemon juice and sugar in a non-reactive pan.
2. Stir gently over low heat until the sugar melts and the berries are heated through but still solid. Set aside.
3. For the crepe batter, melt butter and add milk until liquids are tepid.
4. Whisk in eggs, sugar and salt.
5. Then whisk flour into batter until smooth.
6. Heat a 9-inch nonstick skillet over medium to high heat and coat with a touch of butter.
7. Pour just enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan, tilting the pan to spread the batter into an even round.
8. Cook for a minute.
9. Flip and cook the other side until the crepe is set and brown.
9. Place finished crepes on a warmed plate until all are made.
10. Spread compote in the center of each crepe.
11. Fold the crepes into triangles and either dust with confectioner’s sugar or add a dollop of whipped cream. Serve warm.
Tip: discard the first crepe made since it likely to be a bit oily